Monday, March 14, 2011

Spelt sacrament bread and milk substitutes

It has been too long since I have written. Good news... Sister Cowley now makes spelt sacrament bread for all those with gluten problems in our ward. It is delicious. Now I don't have to worry about eating sacrament bread that is damaging us. If I can learn to make bread as well as she does, maybe she will let us bring it some Sundays. Dee and I are looking into getting the kids tested for allergies with the hope that results will give us specific information about what other foods might be bothering the kids. Anyone know a good place to get allergy tests?
We also decided to cut out cows milk for the most part. Grant seems to be able to control his accidents when he is off milk.

I need to compare milk prices, but we have found goats milk @ Winco and Walmart are the cheapest. Rice milk and almond milk seem to be cheaper @ these stores, too. I recently found out they sell coconut milk in a regular milk form. I haven't found it or bought it yet, though. I am also trying to keep track of phone numbers of those with gluten problems in case we can get enough people to buy enough flour to get a good deal.

My stomach was upset again today. I don't know if it was the caramel popcorn from relief society (I should have given it all away to Dee instead of half) or if I just ate too much for dinner after ending our fast yesterday.
There seem to be lots of young women who are starting to have these type of problems. I feel for them. It is hard to feel connected to people when your diet is so different. It is difficult to travel since we usually stay with family and it is a major inconvenience for them to plan meals suitable for us to eat. But, we appreciate all the efforts of family and friends who have tried to understand or have gone out of their way to help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment